Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stella McCartney Garden Party





Of all the Resort collections I've seen so far, Stella McCartney's Resort 2013 Collection has to be my favourite. After seeing so many various collections with so many different inspirations behind them, McCartney's Resort 2013 is almost like a breath of fresh air. I think the colours and the mix of sophistication in the high-collared shirts and tailored jackets and relaxation in the laidback sweater knits and loose fitting pants are absolutely perfect for a resort collection and that time of year! The yellows, baby blues, the peachy pink and yellow florals, animal print, everything is just to die for. I don't even have any favourites in this collection like I usually do, but I really do love the fringed floral dresses in off-white and yellow, mainly because they remind me so much of the Jazz Age, which is one of my favourite eras, ever since I read F.Scott Fitzgerald's, The Great Gatsby in Grade 11 - among several others of course.

What really drew me to Stella McCartney's collection though was the way she showcased it. I saw Jasmine Tookes tweet about her garden party - instagram pictures courtesy of the wonderful model - and instantly fell in love. Who doesn't love garden parties? McCartney's Garden Party was nothing I had ever seen before, it was one of my dreams coming into existence. Being a fan of The Secret Garden, and having an avid mom-gardener I've always loved well maintained gardens and all forms of flora. For my sixteenth birthday I ideally wanted to have a Garden Party exactly like this one where everybody wore pastels, long day-gowns and all the guys would look dapper and there would be amusement park games and a long white table with little bouqets all along it and luxury tents - ugh I had it all planned out. But I decided against it, because I figured no one would come/enjoy it because no alcohol would be served and Jamaican/popular of the time music wouldn't be played. I'm promising myself that one day I'll have that garden party though, hopefully some time in the near future.

So, now that I've done my rambling and reminiscing about dreams I haven't made tangible, what do you guys think about McCartney's Resort Collection? As you can probably see, I can't get enough - I mean if I included two of my all time favourite books, what else can you conclude right?

1 comment:

  1. so amazing!

    xx
    Jade

    the-fluorescentadolescent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LIKE PRETTY FEEDBACK